OK now, now hear me out. This recipe might be a bit hard to stomach for you and me but for your pal Fido this will taste like heaven on Earth. You are guaranteed to have a little critter follow you around all day. This recipe will make Fido SOOOOO happy. It is worth it, trust me.
- 5 cups water
- 1 pound chicken gizzards
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
HOW TO MAKE GOOD GIRL GIZZARDS
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Bring the water to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan
- Add gizzards and return the water to boil, uncovered. Decrease the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Drain the gizzards and allow them to cool enough to handle. Reservice and freeze the stock for future recipes.
- Cut gizzards in 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss gizzards with olive oil and garlic powder on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour tossing 2-3 times.
- Turn off oven and dry the gizzards for one hour.
- Store in refridgerator for up to 3 weeks or in freezer for up to 3 months. In picture above we mixed in more olive oil to finished gizzards and stored in a pretty jar.
YEILDS ONE CUP