Dogs deserve a special day too ! We love to celebrate Casper’s birthday. My daughter totally gets a kick out of baking him some special cupcakes. We even share with some of the dogs on the block. Luckily these are pretty easy and the payoff is huge, one happy doggy.
We try to keep all of our recipes gluten free. Gluten and Grain free are good for dogs for the following reasons:
- Shinier coat.
- Dogs typically have more energy on a gluten free diet.
- Grain free diets help dogs to feel full for longer preventing overeating.
- Better for dogs with allergies. Our dog Casper always used to be prone to ear infections when we changed his diet to glutin free it completely went away.
- Dogs typically have healthier skin when on a gluten free diet
Dog Friendly Birthday Cupcakes
- 21/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 c coconut oil olive oil may be substituted
- 2 tsp juice
- 1/3 c mashed strawberries
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk or 2% milk
- 1 c 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or chilled coconut cream with 1 tbsp honey For icing
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Line a small cake tin (7 inches) with parchment paper
- .In a small bowl, sift your chickpea flour, cinnamon, and baking powder/soda together. In another bowl, whisk your milk, oil, lemon juice together.Pour your wet ingredients into your flour batter. Fold in 1/2 mashed strawberries and honey.
- Pour into cupcake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center comes out clean with toothpick.
- Let the cupcakes cool then sit in fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- While cake is chilling, make the frosting.Whisk together plain Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp honey.
- Spread icing on cooled cupcakes. For an extra special treat decorate with a few sprinkles 🙂