This Paleo treat is also grain free thanks to the coconut flour. Along with being tasty to dogs, coconut is rich in potassium and many other vitamins and minerals.
Coconut Carrot Treats
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 day 40 minutes
Servings 32 treats
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/4 c coconut chips
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Place carrots in a blender along with coconut chips, blending to a fine chop
- In a medium bowl, add carrot-coconut chip mixture, eggs and flour. Stir until mixed completely
- Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out 1 tbsp dough; drop onto cookie sheet. Flatten lightly with a fork. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Bake cookies for 40 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool completely before serving or refrigerating. Refrigerate for 5 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.