Fleas can be as much of a problem for the rest of your household as for your dog. Here is a remedy that will not only get rid of fleas and other parasites but will keep your dog’s coat in good condition too. The essential oils don’t disturb the natural oil balance of your dog’s skin and coat and will do him nothing but good. This treatment will disinfect the dog, condition the coat and collect the parasites and eggs in the brush.
Homemade Dog Flea & Tick Removal
- 1/2 Liter warm water
- 2 drops Cedarwood (double for larger dogs eg. Great Danes)
- 2 drops Pine Essential Oil (double for larger dogs eg. Great Danes)
How to Make Homemade Dog Flea & Tick Removal
- Take an old steel brush and a piece of towel or sheet folded three or four times will do. Pull the material down over the teeth of the brush so that it lies about 1 inch above the base, depending on the length of your dog’s hair.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water and mix in 2 drops of cedarwood and 2 drops of pine oil and soak the prepared brush in this before brushing your dog’s coat.
- This treatment will disinfect the dog, condition the coat and collect the parasites and eggs in the brush (which must be rinsed out thoroughly several times during the brushing, in the bowl of essential oil water.
If your dog is suffering seriously from fleas or parasites, put 4 drops of cedarwood or lavender oil directly onto a piece of material as above and rub the material together to disperse the oil before putting it on the brush. Then use with plain warm water and rinse several times while brushing the dog)