Let’s face it commercial dog shampoos can be really expensive and some are full of chemicals and additives that may be harmful to Fido. This recipe is not only a healthier option it will also discourage flea, ticks and other parasites for which dogs seem to be inevitable homes. Dogs love the aroma and it leaves them smelling nice and fresh (a welcome change for our doodle Casper).
Homemade Dog Shampoo Ingredients
- 1/4 c Liquid Castille Soap like Dr. Bronners ( I like the baby unscented version as it is sure to be gentle)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 5 drops Lemongrass (double for larger dogs eg. Great Danes)
- 5 drops Lavender (double for larger dogs eg. Great Danes)
How to Make Homemade Dog Shampoo
- Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle.
- Shake Well to mix
- Recipe will keep for up to one month
- Use about 2 tbsp for each shampoo.
- Fluff Fido dry ! He is going to smell so nice.